The Glenwood congregation of Glenridge was initiated by a merge with Breakthru Church and was added to by a further coming together with Citizen Church. We have the privilege of meeting in Glenwood Junior Primary School and are able to combine the profound history and DNA of Glenridge with fresh opportunities in ministering in the suburb of Glenwood in all its diverse cultures. We are excited by the prospect of Gospel impact in a spacious suburb with industrial and commercial activity on one side and the UKZN university campus and medical school on the other.
Name of Account: Glenridge Church
Account Type: Savings
Account Number: 62616869113
iThemba Lethu is an NGO that was birthed out of Glenridge some 15 years ago and is a project whose goals are very close to our hearts. One part of what they do is to provide a transition home for babies awaiting adoption or reintegration into their original homes.
How you can get involved is to volunteer some of your time to help feed and bathe the babies any afternoon from around 4pm until 7pm. Your support will be hugely appreciated! Contact Karen (083 777 5633) to get involved.
We have three exciting projects that we partner with through relationship with people in Kenneth Gardens, Umbilo.
- Carrots and Peas is a kitchen that provides a meal three days of the week to the community. Join in by donating food (weekly on a Sunday if you wish), or volunteering your time on Wednesdays 11am – 1pm.
- Senzokuhle is a wellness centre to care for the physical needs of the community. If you are a health care professional, consider partnering by volunteering an hour or two per week. For the rest of us, let’s join in to pray for and love the people that go there.
- The Homework Club is a tutoring and mentoring space for primary school kids. There is huge opportunity to assist kids with their homework, or offer educational assistence and/or skills training.
To get in touch with any of these, contact firstname.lastname@example.org, or the church office.
- Sunday Morning Services – 9am every week @Glenwood.
- There is prayer every Thursday, 5.30-6.30pm in Bulwer Park. Bring your running shoes, find a friend to pray with and hit your strides!
- There is a Connect Group or Home Group meeting most nights of the week. Click on the link on this page for details and to get plugged-in.